Foundation for Open Software Development
The Foundation for Open Software Development is registered as a non-governmental organisation with a public purpose under the laws of the Republic of Bulgaria. It has been founded by Distributed, Blockchain and Business Solutions LLC with the purpose to create an open community for free and open source software. “Open Software Development” should therefore be interpreted in a wide sense.
Goals of the foundation
The Foundation operates on a European and global level and has the purpose to perform, encourage, cooperate, help and support the development of software with free and open code.
Activities of the foundation
The statutory activities of the Foundation are described as follows:
- build a civil society and culture beneficial for free and open source software;
- building and supporting of communities for the development of software with free and open source code;
- supporting, financing, creation of knowledge exchange, education, information of software projects with free and open code;
- promotion of the use of free and open source software;
- advising users and issuers of free and open source software;
- creating, promoting and supporting of civil initiatives compliant with the purposes of the Foundation;
- organising, supporting and helping of festivals, conferences, expositions, seminars, courses, round tables or other events;
- creation of awards and scholarships;
- issuing of online and physical specialized media;
- participating in educational, scientific, technical and cultural projects and programs;
- and all other lawful activities compliant with the Foundation’s goals.